Here is a quick sewing project that would be perfect as a gift be for a hostess, as a part of a larger gift, or for yourself!
1. Select fabrics you want to use. You can either do a solid piece, or like me do a bit of piecing. I was not accurate in my measurements and just cut the fabrics until I reached my desired size (once sewn this was 8″x8″).
2. Sew your pieces together making sure to iron your seams open, it makes quilting easier. If you’re using a solid piece of fabric, skip this step.
3. Cut your batting fabric the same size as your top piece. Since this is meant for hot objects I doubled up on the batting.
4. Cut your backing fabric at least an inch larger than your top piece.
5. Layer: Top piece right side down, batting, back/bottom piece right side up.
7. Now it’s time to quilt! I did straight lines on the diagonal using the dots as a guide.
8. Trim away excess fabric so you have clean edges.
9. Sew binding on. I used store bought single fold and found it easier to sew on one side at a time without pinning.
10. Use a bit of ric rac to create a hanging loop.
Voila! A simple project complete in under 2 hours.